Work Experience

Exactly as I've previously mentioned I am today writing a post that some of you were interested in or might find helpful. I am going to discuss hopefully all that I need to and if you have any questions or I've missed something out let me know in the comment section.




Looking for Work Experience

This was a pain. When I had my previous blog I worte at some points about how I just couldn't do it and it was very hard to find a placement. I started searching a whole year before I actually had to go to do my work experience. Some people found their placements within a week whilst others did a week before it took place. I personally started searing for a work placement related to something I liked the idea of and it seemed sensible which my parents would approve of. Yes at the time it was a 'good' idea. Honestly, do not limit yourself to everyone elses expectations. I was on the look out for months and once I couldn't find anything related without it being too far away I decided to stop looking and took the time to think. Is that what I really want to be doing? No it wasn't my number one option I was looking for that because I felt like it might seem more 'professional' to others.

Once I finally looked for things I wanted to do, I not only felt more motivated and inspired, but managed to find more places, contacts and opportunities. Before I move on please don't expect everyone to welcome you in with open arms because not every place offers work experience. I made a choice to follow a fashion/designing route and had contacted at least 10 different places before I actually found the place I went to. Keep an open eye for factors such as the area, working hours and tasks you can and can not do. I know that personally there were areas I did not want to be in alone therefore I didn't even bother searching around them. When you contact different places make sure you present yourself correctly, give the right impressions and treat the situation professionally. Don't be afraid to contact more than one place at a time, you might not get a reply from any or on the contrary a reply from all. There are many people out there looking for the same placement as you are so make yourself stand out for all the good reasons. 





What do I need?

Honestly I don't think you are required to have a lot, this does depend on what you are doing though. All I needed to have with me was my lunch/money to buy myself something, and on some of the days I was asked to bring in an item to work on. Other than that I had nothing else to worry about. Make sure you do find out what is required because that is important.  

Obviously going in for such an opportunity what you need is a good approach, friendly way of communication and commitment/effort. If you go into something like work experience without any motivation and put no effort into tasks you will not only make yourself look bad but will be honestly getting in the way of people that actually want to be there.



 


How Work Experience effected my Life 

Work experience has given me the obvious, experience. I must say I am glad I ended up in the place I did due to the fact it helped me learn about the working environment, facts I didn't know before, new skills that will come in useful and it also helped me to identify my weaknesses which I now know I have to work on. That is very important for one to make imporovents and be able to grow.

Work experience has also helped me learn about what it is that I want to do in the future therefore things like picking courses and future steps to where I want to get are more clear to me. 


My advice 

My advice is simple. Be yourself, be honest (to a certain extent), be helpful and try your best. If you are unsure about what you want to do in the future go to different places and experience the different working environments. Take this as a very useful opportunity and not just a task to complete. 






  






Plans for the future and overall opinions

My opinion is that I am more than greatful for this experience. It has helped me so much and now I feel more confident regarding many things.
As for my future plans I obviously have to finish high school, once I do that I am going to go onto college and after college I am considering University HOWEVER I'm not planning everything since everything happens for a reasons and you honestly cannot predict anything. I've being looking at courses and I have a couple in mind but as I've mentioned, nothing can be set into stone since we can't predict things that come along the way.


Plany na przyszłość i ogólne opinie.

Moje opinia się składa z tego że jestem wdzięczna za tą okazje i teraz się czuje o wiele lepiej jak myślę o przyszłości i o wyborach które mnie czekają.
Jak chodzi o plany na przyszłość to oczywiście muszę ukończyć moją szkole i matury zrobić (ostatni rok teraz mam) i po tym się wybieram do collegu. Już się rozglądałam jak chodzi o różne takie 'kursy' (lekcje) i mam parę wybranych ale bliżej daty się dowiemy. Po collegu bym chciała się wybrać na uniwersytet lecz nic nie może być przewidziane więc niczego szczególnie nie planuje. To co ma być, to będzie. 

Comments

  1. Świetna stylizacja, taka elegancka :)
    obserwuje :)
    Mój blog
    ♥Odwdzięczam się za każdą obserwacje ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuje za obserwacje i ciesze się że stylizacja się tobie podoba :)

      Delete
  2. Ja sama szukam jakiegoś stażu pracy i zastanawiam się czy nie otworzyć coś swojego :d i mam taki mętlik w głowie że szok :)
    pięknie wyglądasz :) elegancko ^^

    grlfashion.blogspot.com
    zapraszam;* odwdzięczam się za każdą obserwację :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mam nadzieje że w swoim czasie wszystko pójdzie po twojej myśli!
      Dziękuje bardzo :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Also can I just say I love the whole outfit -Hanna Lei

    Latest Post: Grey Dress at the White River

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and glad you like this outfit!

      Delete
  4. Świetne zdjęcia, super wyglądasz ;)

    stegofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. jak na razie nie muszę się tym martwić... na razie... ;/

    Zapraszam:
    unnormall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ale jak już czas nadejdzie to mam nadzieje że wszystko jak najlepiej pójdzie, aż tak źle nie będzie :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful style darling!
    I love it your blouse
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like my style and blouse! xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad the advice seems good enough to help someone out and thank you, the purse is from New Look :)

      Delete
  8. Amazing outfit, love the bag! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like the bag, it's from New Look! Xx

      Delete
  9. Ciekawy pomysł na wpis! Świetna stylówka <3
    Pozdrawiam, Marlena :*

    ♪ AARLENAA.BLOGSPOT.COM ♪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuje, fajnie że wpis i stylówka się tobie podoba <3
      Wzajemnie Pozdrawiam :)

      Delete
  10. So gorgeous! love your look!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super stylizacja! :)
    http://mateslifex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this skirt, so simple & chic :)
    Nati xx

    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like the skirt. I agree it is simple and chic :)

      Delete
  13. Wow babe! You look AMAZING! Adore the leopard x leopard look! Those shoes are to die for!!!!!!! Xx

    http://theemasphere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 Glad you like the leopard features and the shoes :)

      https://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts